Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Cocaine of superiority."

      
'I'm the President': Tiger Woods In The White House

“Contrary to the headlines, Tiger's real addiction was not to sex or women, it was to the cocaine of superiority, which in turn induces a sense of entitlement.”

I love that term - "cocaine of superiority". It seems any elected official that seeks to enact laws for our own good suffer from this narcotic. They look down on the very people that make this country function.

I'll use my parents as an example for the sort of people that these entitled public servants would most likely look down on.

Both of my parents are immigrants. Both work in workshops.  No college education. Not even a GED. With such a resume, what did they manage to do?

Raise two children who went onto college and now have families of their own.

Pay off their home, have no debts, put one of their children through college and manage to have enough saved for retirement.

They were able to put enough money aside to send their children to their mother country to spend summers to be able to build relationships with family there.

When I look at my parents I see two very intelligent, self sacrificing individuals that are an inspiration to me.

When I look at the current crop of the entitled class of politicians at the state and local level I see individuals -with some exceptions - that have lead our country into a deep debt hole and make decisions everyday that hurt families and business. They feel that they are smarter than people like my parents and can best tell them how to live their lives. I beg to differ.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment