Saturday, February 19, 2011

Malaga Pipes: Hometown Pipe Shop

It is a crying shame to discover a world class pipe store in your hometown after they have been closed for almost 12 years. "MALAGA" pipes out of Royal Oak Michigan were the pipe of choice for President Gerald Ford. As a kid growing up in Royal Oak in the 70s and 80s I never knew the store existed. My dad told me recently that he would go in there to buy cigars. All that is left of MALAGA pipes is what you can find on EBAY or in private collections.

I was fortunate enough to win a MALAGA pipe that included an old sales bulletin. Not sure on the date. Probably from the 1960s or 1970s .


2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to have a beautiful and unique Malaga pipe passed to me when my grandfather passed. I always loved going there when I was a kid, to look at the different designs and smell all the different types of Tobaccos they had. I wish beyond wishes, that they were still in business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181038061939?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/181038063001?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

    Two Malaga pipes up on ebay. I'll search my fathers collection if anyone is interested in more Malaga pipes.

    ReplyDelete