Sunday, April 10, 2011

Beer Wars!

A blog entry to honor "The Pint" of my blog...

Just finished watching Beer Wars with the Mrs. and we are both up in arms. I felt sick to my stomach to see first hand the mafia like grip that Annheuser-Bush has on the beer industry. The real pain arrived when it was revealed that both Bass and Boddingtons whored themselves out to AB, which is now part of Inbev.

I for one hate to walk down the beer isle and see the the piss water known as Bud, Bud Light and all the AB brands dominate. Now I have to do my homework to make sure that the beer I am buying isn't part of Inbev. I don't mind a little competition and free market but this is raping and pillaging the mom and pop brewers that would be happy with a small market share. True free market economics allows the consumer to decided based on the quality of the brand and the companies compete fairly for their market share...in a perfect world.

It seems now that Inbev is the pimp and Annheuser-Bush and its brand are the whores.

Pass me a Samuel Adams or Dog Fish Head and I'll 'recycle' it on a case of Bud Light if you catch my meaning. Long live the indie brewer!

No comments:

Post a Comment